nedjelja, 1. ožujka 2015.

Miss Havisham; Hair Designs + Practice

Miss Havisham got her letter as she was getting ready so who knows if at that point her was even fully styled. And if it was, after 10 or so years that she sat in her room, there is no way the curls could have stayed nicely curled (unless her hair was naturally curly). But I decided to stick with a mid century hairstyle for Miss Havisham, and then I'll create a 1870s one for my Estella character.
1850s hairstyle
(source: http://pixgood.com/victorian-hairstyles-for-women.html)

Using the images from the research that I've done in my previous posts I've made a few drawings that I could use as final hair design and then I tried to recreate it on my Katie head at home. The drawings are very similar, and I feel like I keep repeating myself in the descrtiption of each one, but when it comes to continuity, it is important that it matches the look that you, or someone you give your design to, want to create multiple times. Also, so far I was experimenting to see what kind of hairstyle I want, and here I am trying to see how many different ones I can create using the same elements. 

Hairstyle no.1

Hair curled, a topknot at the back and  some curls pinned up, others, loosly falling at the back and framing the face.
This hairstyle is a lot similar to the one I did on my partner in the previous post, but I didn't put all of the hair up.


One my ideas for a mid Victorian hairstyle
drawing
(Feb 16th 2015)


Hairstyle no.2

Middle parting, essy hair, two tight curls on each side, and a low bun at the back with two strands of hair falling out. 
Front
Back
Feb 16th 2015



Hairstyle no.3

This one is a lot like the first one, but messier, and the curls aren't as tight and defined. 

Back / Front
Feb 16th 2015

Hairstyle no.4

First I created a neater version of this hairstyle, then a more messy one.



Slightly crazy looking, curls created with small tongs, messy, with a tight low, bun at the back.
Front / Back
Feb 16th 2015

Hairstyle no.5

Messy, undefined curls at the front, rest of the hair pulled back in a bun, with curls falling out of it.
Back / Front
Feb 16th 2015

Hairstyle no.6

Same as the hairstyle above, but the bun is higher up.

Feb 16th 2015

Hairstyle no.7

Middle parting, a loose curl on each side, hair pulled back- braided and twisted twice. Messy.

Feb 16th 2015

Hairstyle no.8

Four tight but slightly messy curls on each side, middle parting and a big, low, messy bun.

Feb 16th 2015



Practice 

I wanted to recreate the hairstyle I've came up with in my first hairstyle above. I think that it's harder to create looks on the Katie head because the hair is not that long, and the ends are very thin. But for practicing it's alright, I guess. 

I started with a middle parting, and then sectioned the hair at the crown of the head, and made a twisted bun. Then to frame the face I took 4 sections on each side of the head. Using tongs I curled them and pinned to let them set until I curl the rest. Since my Katie head already had wavy hair from when I last praciced, I just quickly curled the hair at the back, taking different sized sections - as I was going for a more messy look. Also, first I curled the top part that I wanted to pin up and decorate the bun with, then the bottom. 

Hair before styling 
Sectioned hair 
Top knot 
4 sectiones - curled and pinned
Both sides curled and pinned 
hair used for decorating curled
Hair pinned around the bun / curling the bottom layer

Final look 
(back) 
Final look 
(front)

I wanted to make my Miss Havisham to have dusty and greasy hair. My first thaught was to use dry shampoo to get the dusty look, as I really liked the effect, but I didn't want to make the hair look gray if Miss Havisham was only in her 30s. In my tutorial with Kat, she suggested to try powder, and see how it turns out. So I took my Illamasqua transluscent powder and using my powder brush, I dusted the powder onto the hair. First I slightly brushed the powder to spread it all over the hair, then added some more, letting the powder fall from the brush onto the hair to get that dusty hair with dandruff. I think the powder goes better with my final look so that is what I will use in my assessment. Also, I used the Tony&Guy Sea Salt Texturising spray to make the hair greasy at the roots. 

After powdering  
 2nd layer of powder
After appling powder
(side)
After applying the sea salt spray
  (Hairstyle crated on Feb 17th 2015)

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar