ponedjeljak, 16. ožujka 2015.

Estella; Hairstyle Practice

The hairstyle below was my favourite out of all I've created. Curls at the front, one section on each side braided into a normal plait that goes from the front of the ear to the back. A twisted bun at the back. The two braids cross under the bun; braid from the right going around the left side, and the left one on the right and pinned around the bun.


March 6th 2015

Practice in the lesson

Because my partner was late I decided to first try the hairstyle on a doll although the hair wasnt as long as I needed it to be. First I sectioned 3 sections at the front - one for the curls and 2 for the braids. I left some hair between the ear and the braid and, with the rest of the hair, pulled it back into a high pony tail. Then I took 2 sections of the pony tail into a twisted bun and pinned it to keep it in place. I braided each braid and tried to twist it around the bun, like in my design, but it was too short so I pinned it into the bun, without twisting. In the end, I curled the fringe and pinned the curls; I had to pin the curls because doll's fringe is long, but my partner has short fringe and I won't have to pin them.

Sectioned hair at the front
Twisted bun

Close up of the bun
Side - braid 
Front - curls
Back - bun + decoration

 I tried the hairstyle on my partner to see if her hair is long enough for the braid to go around the bun. The hair was longer than the doll's but couldn't go all the way around like in my design. So I decided to create a new hair chart and use the desing created on my doll as my final hairstyle for Estella's character.

Final design on my partner - side
(both hairstyles created on March 10th 2015)

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar