nedjelja, 1. ožujka 2015.

Burnt Miss Havisham

When I showed my face charts and ideas to Kat in my 1 on 1, she said she really liked my ideas for a burnt version of Miss Havisham. Since that was not the look I created in my continuity assessment, I decided to create it in my own time, on my grandmother.

Woman who suffered burns
from the burns archive
medical photograph
19th century
(source: https://www.pinterest.com/tikitacky/momento-mori/)


Products used: 
 
Food Gelatin (powder)
079 Red, 081 Burgundy Red +071 Black Supracolor by Kryolan
Translucent Powder by Illamasqua
Vaselline 

To create the burn I used food gelatine in powder form and melted it in the microwave (15 sec) mixed with three tea spoons of water. I used the spoon to steer the mixture until it was cool enough to put on my model's face. Then, with my spatula, I applied it all over her left side of the jaw, up to the cheek and down the neck. I picked the gelatine with a pin the shape the burn, but as my pointed brush is quite firm, I shaped the burn as I started coloring, but before that I powdered. I started with the burgundy and kept adding red and black to create a 3D effect.


Coloring the burn
Coloring the burn
Coloring the burn

Then I decided to create a few smaller burns; one on her forehead and one on her right cheek. I repeated the same process as for the first burn. Then I blended the burns with the rest of the face to make them look more realistic.
 
Adding more burns and blending
Burn on the neck

Next, I took my stipple sponge and dabbed in into the red and applied all over the face, then I did the same with the burgundy and black and again, added more colour to the burns, used the stipple sponge, added more colour etc.

Stippling - Front
Stippling - Side
Close up of the burn on the neck
Close up of the burns on the right side
Close up of the burn on the cheek

Lastly, I wanted to add shine to the burn so I applyed some Vaselline on the burns and around the face and tryed to blended the colours better. Then stippled the red shade again.
 
Final look - left side
Final look - front
Close up on the burn on the neck and jaw
Close up on the burn on the cheek

Close up on the burn on the forehead



Although I have probably went a bit over board with the red all over her face, I think the burns, especially the one on the neck turned out quite well and look realistic.




Reference found on:  Feb 18th 2015

 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar