subota, 25. travnja 2015.

Quentin; Make up and Hair Practice

Quentin is a zombie and I wanted to make my model's face dead/grayish but without making him look like his wearing a mask, and see how it goes from there. Since the scene that I see him in happened a few hours after he murdered (ate) Claudia's neighbour and killer Mr. Burton.  Although I have created some face charts similar to this look, I didn't follow any of them and have created a look right there and then. I know I didn't apply any makeup on my models neck and ears because it was just a practice, and honestly it was quite late.

Make up

Products used: 

BaseG 177 foundation by Kryolan + Illamasqua Skin Base 01 (white)
WrinklesD15 Concealer Palette + Supracolor Purple/Lila + 071 (Black) by Kryolan
VeinsSupracolor Purple/Lila by Kryolan
Eyebrows: Caraway eyeshadow + 070 (White) Supracolor by Kryolan
Eyes, under eye circles D15 Concealer Palette, Supracolor Purple/Lila, 079 (Red) + 081 (Burgundy Red) by Kryolan
Lips: base, Red + Black Lipmix + Mixing Medium Gel by MAC (blood)
Powder: Translucent powder by Illamasqua

At first I created a quite subtle look (too subtle for a zombie); the base, Supracolor red in the water line and just a little bit of purple under the eyes. 

first stage

Next I added some wrinkles and tried to create veins using Purple/Lila shade from the Supracolor palette and my stippling sponge. Also, I added more product on the eyebrows and around the eyes to make them deeper and darker.

Close up - eye 
Close up - wrinkles and veins 
Face 

By mixing red and black from MAC with their Mixing Medium Gel I created a liquid/paste which I used as blood. I applied it in the corner of my model's lips and allowed it to fall down his chin on its own, so it looks more natural. 

Close up - blood
The look with the blood

Lastly, I added some more red under his eyes, and powdered the entire face.

Close up - eye
Final look - front
Final look - side

I didn't have fake blood when I was practicing the look so I had to improvise. However, I really like the look I good with the MAC products and I think the blood looks quite real and I might use this for when I create my final look in a few days.

Hair

As I said in my previous post about Quentin, I want his hair to be messy but not greasy. There is nothing nice and neat about zombie's hair.

I've put some hair gel onto my hands and ran my fingers through the hair, making it messy.

Final look
(look created on: April 4th 2015)

My model's hair was freshly washed so it was harder for me to style it. I have to make sure that he doesn't wash his the night before the shoot so I get a better effect.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar