srijeda, 11. veljače 2015.

Older Miss Havisham; Practice

I am still deciding whether I want to create Miss Havisham in her early 20s, or late 30s. I really enjoy aging make up. I find creating the looks very fun and creative. In the practice lesson with Fenella this week, I've tried to create 2 looks - focusing on the skin. First I made my partner's skin look youthful and flawless (as I had Estella's character on my mind), then added under eye circles and wrinkles. 
You can see that this is not a historical look as she is still wearing mascara and has drawn eyebrows, I was just trying to make the skin look as realistic as possible and seeing if I can create the same look I did last week twice. I took photos as I was going as it is all about continuity. 

1st step
I mixed Kryolan's in the lightest shade we have in our palette, Alabaster, with Illamasqua Skin Base SB01 (white), to get a shade that suits her skin tone. Next I used Illamasqua Translucent powder to set it. I applied the shade 665 G from the Kryolan Blusher palette on cheeks as well as her eyelids. Finished it off with Kryolan's rouge in LC003 on her lips.


Rachel; youthful make up look
2nd step

After that, I took my Supracolor palette and mixed yellow red and blue to get a nice shade of brown. With my angled brush, I drew the wrinkles on her face. 


First stage of aging
3rd step

I blended the lines with my fingers and added more colour where I felt it was needed. I took a little bit of purple from the Supracolor palette and mixed it with brown to shade her under eye circles. 


 Final look
Feb 10th 2015

I wanted to make my partner look tired, with under eye circles, slightly wrinkled as I am not doing a theatrical look, or a 85-year old character. Although, Miss Havisham hasn't seen the daylight in such a long time so I'd say her skin looks older that she really is, her lips are dry and lost the colour. I had only 40 minutes to create this so I tried to explore and get the final look within the given time. Next time I try creating this look, I should get into more detail and try creating a real period make up look, but I wish we could have more time when practicing the looks.


I would also like to add a look that we did in our practical lesson with Sue, where she showed us how to do theatrical aging. I didn't have enough time to do the look in the lesson as I had only 10 minutes left, but I did it at home on my friend.

To create this look I started off with applying foundation in her natural skin tone and powdered. Then followed her wrinkles and drew lines using an angled brush and a brown colour mixed in the Supracolor palette. I used my fingers to blend the lines for a better look. I've applied Purple from the same palette around her eyes and a bit white mascara on her lashes and eyebrows. As the look Sue showed was 'an old person that smokes and drinks', I dabbed my stipple sponge in the Supracolor Red and applied the product on her nose, cheeks and chin. 

Jan 31st 2015

I didn't get any feedback on this look because I didn't show it to any of my lecturers. Considering it was the first time I ever did this kind of look, I'd say it looks quite good. 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar